Our mission within A Door to Hope is to be the living love of Jesus in our own lives as well as within Haiti and the Dominican Republic. We yearn to be the Gospel by sharing truth, building relationships and being the hands that assist in providing love, sustainability and hope to broken communities.
We desire to accomplish, through our work, the outcome of sustainability and partnership. In partnering with communities and churches in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, we have provided resources as a means of survival but currently work to empower the local people to grow and sustain their own communities. We desire, to continue to transform our efforts to the Haitian people from relief mode to long-term, sustainable programs that include relational discipleship, improved homebuilding and educational and church partnerships. It is our longing to be an extension of the ministry that already exists within the hearts of native leaders in our partnered communities and provide hands and feet for their work.
A Door to Hope began working within Haiti in 2003. Our work was in partnership with New Missions on the Leogane plain working in schools, churches, and villages in the rural area. After the earthquake in 2010, our focus moved into the surrounding areas of Port-Au-Prince, the capital of Haiti. This is where we have began our work with villages such as, Calabasse, Kenscoff and Grand Goave in implementing our programs and developing partnerships with the local churches and communities.
In January, 2020 God called us to 'GO' to the Dominican Republic to begin working, partnering, serving, and sharing the Gospel with the Haitian communities in the area of La Romana, DR. Our work here is new... but, the desire and goal remains the same; to make the name of JESUS known to the Haitian people.
STATEMENT OF FAITH*
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God, His holy and inspired Word, and the supreme and final authority.
- There is only one God, eternally existing in three Persons- Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our Mediator and Advocate.
- All men and women everywhere are sinful and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross.
- Christ rose from the dead and is coming soon.
- We believe in holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellow man.
- We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives.
*Adapted from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association