Join a A Door To Hope on a week-long journey to the Dominican Republic or Haiti. You will be immersed into a Haitian community where you will build homes, participate in community outreach, maintain schools and churches, and engage in various other projects. You will change the lives of the Haitian people and yourself in the process. Take a look at the General Trip Guidelines below for more details.
Steps to Register
- Connect with A Door To Hope's office to confirm availability for the trip date you have selected by calling 615.331.4600.
- Reach out to Safe Harbors Business Travel at 800.344.5656 to check on airfare prices, as flight costs may affect your ability to travel with us. They are typically available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Complete the application process for your trip date at PureCharity.com.
- Non-Dependent Individuals :: Only register yourself. Each adult must register separately from one another.
- Dependent Children :: Dependents must register under a parent's profile using the "ADD A PERSON" feature on your Pure Charity account.
- Groups of 10 or More :: Please contact our office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 615.331.4600 prior to registering your group. Do not register all team members under one profile.
- Arrange your flight through Safe Harbors after completing the application process and paying your deposit.
- Pay your final trip balance 30 (thirty) days prior to departure.
- Download, print and read the Team Handbook to better understand our trip process and to prepare for your trip!
The application deadline is 45 days prior to departure. A Door to Hope reserves the right to cancel any team trip date up to 60 days prior to departure. A minimum number of team members is required to be a valid travel team.
The cost of a one week trip with A Door to Hope in either Haiti or the DR covers:
- Trip Insurance
- Transportation during the week
Things that are NOT covered include:
- Meals during the days of travel
If you need to cancel your trip/group or reduce the number of your team members, you must contact A Door to Hope's office to do so.
If you register and complete an application for a trip and do not pay the trip deposit of $175 within 10 days of the application, the required deposit will be raised to $200. All deposits are ALWAYS non-refundable and non-transferable. This means that once you’ve paid your $175 deposit and you then decide not to go, it will not be refunded. Additionally, if you pay your deposit for one trip, but then decide to transfer to a different trip date, your original deposit will not be transferred to the new trip date.
Once you have paid your full trip fee, all EXCEPT the $175 deposit is refundable or transferable up until 30 days prior to your original trip date. After that time, no money will be refunded or transferred to another trip.
Trip airfare should be booked through our travel agent, Safe Harbors Business Travel.
No exceptions will be made without prior approval from A Door To Hope staff. This policy is in place to ensure the safety of our team as well as to simplify the logistics of group travel. Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy.
Individuals participating in A Door To Hope trips must have medical insurance that provides adequate coverage while they are traveling. Participants should review the provisions of their own policy and contact their insurer to determine whether or not they should obtain additional personal coverage for the duration of the trip. Uncovered expenses that are incurred by trip participants due to accident or illness – including medical costs, airline change fees, and medical evacuation – are the responsibility of the participant, not A Door To Hope. A Door To Hope does not provide trip cancellation insurance.
Inoculations & Medications
A Door To Hope trips often venture into areas of the world posing special health risks. Trip participants should review the travel health advisories on the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization websites and should consult with their own physicians or an international travel clinic to make informed decisions about inoculations and medications. A Door To Hope does not offer medical advice. Participants shall notify A Door To Hope of medical conditions and prescriptions that they are taking to ensure the availability of that information in case of medical emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office at 615-331-4600.